03 November 2010

I am a Colorado Voter!



Voting.
To me, it is super important.

Since I moved back to my hometown this year,
I re-registerd with the the mail-in option.

I did this to make a fashion statement
I did this so that I could really take my time.

As you can see in my picture adventure above,
I got to take my ballot in and get my sticker.
And then yes, I did make a fashion statement!

I also got interviewed about my submission to CNN iReport!
That was pretty cool.

Here in Colorado, to me,
the biggest issue on this midterm ballot was
Amendment 62: Definition of a Person.

I am Pro-Choice personally,

What I really feared was what this amendment
would do for birth control options.
Or turn it into a lack of.

Taking away abortion would be one thing.
Altering rights to birth control is crazy!

I am just proud my state knocked it down again.
This time it was beat with 70% No.




Other Happy Results:

Colorado Senate-
Bennett leading with 47.7%
(with 97% reporting)
 Colorado Governer-
Hickenlooper the clear winner 50.7% 
(with 97% reporting)




Other Sad Results:

Colorado Springs voted to put a cap on funding for parks & open spaces.
It makes me pissedspice.


Colorado Midterm Results: [Source, Source]

America- Did you vote yesterday?
If not, why?
Other country- Do you think voting is important?

*Chipotle Counter [41]*

1 comment:

  1. I voted! The biggest one for us was Prop 19..about marijuana.
    I made a fashion statement with my sticker, too.. it's the cool thing to do ;) and you're right. Voting is SUPER important! I hate it when people say they're not voting because their voice doesn't count anyway.. hello.. if everyone actually voted, your voice WOULD count!

    ReplyDelete

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!