15 March 2011

Leviathan [15/50]

Leviathan (Leviathan #1)
Rating: Good. I hope to get around to reading the next one.

*spoiler free*

I read this book in multiple sittings at work.
After finishing it I feel 3 things:
1- It was a little rough to get into but worth the wait.
This story is told through two characters in tandem.
 I really ended up loving one character over the other
so it was a little harder to read when in the other characters world.
2- I loved Deryn.
Seeing this alternate historical world through her eyes is fun.
Plus she has some great quotes. As seen below.
3- The book made me want to read more alt history stories.
This story takes place pre-World War I with animals who
have been scientifically blended to create war beasts
and really intense war machines that seem
like they stepped out of Star Wars.
(ie. the walkers)
But the coolest (read: nerdiest) thing is in the last pages,
Westerfeld discusses what is real and what he made up!
Turned out to be my favorite part of the book!
Weird.
Nerd.



*spoilars!*
*spoilars!*
*spoilars!*
 aka.*favorite quotes*
  
Deryn has so much spunk throughout the book.
It is so much fun to follow her character.


This part made me LOL irl!
And any point in a book that brings out irl LOLs
needs documentation. Obviously.

 
Comment Questions:
 Have you read this series? If so, what did you think?
Also feel free to leave any book suggestions in the comments!

 
Chipotle burritos this year: 8
Boba smoothies this year: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!