22 February 2010

Omegle: A Mildly Creepy Timesuck

O, Omegle.
Such a interesting concept.
Such a time-suck.
And sometimes sooooo creepy!

This is what Wikipedia has to say about Omegle:
Omegle is a website used for talking to strangers and "meeting new friends" via chat. The site was created by 18-year old Leif K-Brooks of Brattleboro, Vermont and was launched on March 25, 2009.

What Omegle says about Omegle:
Omegle is a brand-new service for meeting new friends. When you use Omegle, we pick another user at random and let you have a one-on-one chat with each other. Chats are completely anonymous, although there is nothing to stop you from revealing personal details if you would like.

How Omegle works:
The service randomly pairs up users online into one-on-one chat windows, where they can chat anonymously using the handles "You" and "Stranger". Either party can disconnect at any time.


Every once in a while
(when I am super bored)
I go on Omegle...

Tonight I started chatting with the intent of deciding what movie I should snuggle into be with...

Sometimes results are creepers:

Sometimes results are swell conversationalists:

But mostly, I still have not idea what movie I am going to fall asleep to...


Other websites about Omegle:
Omegle
Conversations

Omegle Tumblr
[EDIT]
*I ended up choosing Garden State*
******************
Chipotle Counter [14]

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!