18 April 2011

Girl Parts [19/50]

I read the plot and had to read this book!
=]
Rating: Definitely enjoyable sci-fi.

*spoiler free*

I read this book in a day.
After finishing it I feel 3 things:
1- The Dollhouse similarities.
 There are some. It is the reason I needed to read this book.
I loved Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.
But I loved this story on it's own too.
2- At some parts I did want to punch some characters.
But I really liked that this book looked at the impact
of our digital world had on the kids growing up in it.
It may be science fiction, but it is a very interesting concept!
3- My favorite character was Rose.
She definitely had the best arc.
If there is a Book 2,
I want her in it!




*spoilars!*
 aka.*favorite quotes*
  
Actually, I didn't mark out any quotes in this book...
Not to say it wasn't quoteable,
but I found myself loving entire passages!
Basically any part from Rose's POV, I loved.

 Something that IS a little spoilariffic is this video.
&& possibly one of the coolest book trailers I have seen!
 
Comment Questions:
 Have you read this book? If so, what did you think?
Also feel free to leave any book suggestions in the comments!

 
Chipotle burritos this year: 11
Boba smoothies this year: 11

1 comment:

  1. I love Dollhouse too! Just rewatched it recently actually, so I will need to check this book out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!