28 January 2011

Franny and Zooey [12/50]

Reading a classic up in here!
=]
Rating: It was interesting to read this style of storytelling.

*spoiler free*

I read this book in a few sittings at work.
After finishing it I feel 3 things:
1- I liked Franny more than Zooey.
 The pacing, the feeling, the character.
Franny was just more relatable.
Which is cool, 'cause she's a chick. Ha!
2- It was a quick read.
Since it wasn't broken down into chapters,
I had a hard time putting it down, not wanting
to create a pause in the story where there shouldn't be.
aka. Not the best book to take to work to read,
but I may or may not have wanted to look impressive to someone...
*cough* #cutepoolboy *cough*
3- I wanted to punch the mother.
It was the only time this book was difficult.
When I want to punch a character every time they
show up on a page it is a little difficult to keep reading...!



*spoilar!*
 aka.*my favorite quote*
 I like this quote because, out of the whole story,
I found it the most relatable to me as a woman.
...like Franny built him up to be better in her mind
and then reality shows up.
 
Comment Questions:
 Have you read this book? If so, what did you think?
Also feel free to leave any book suggestions in the comments!

 
Chipotle burritos this year: 10
Boba smoothies this year: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!