21 February 2011

My Banned Book List

I hate not being able to finish a book.
Hate is a strong word.
So, yeah--
I hate not being able to finish a book.

I have many friends who are born writers...
I have seen how much work, blood, sweat and tears go into each creation.
So when I cant finish a book, it hurts my heart.
I feel like I am betraying the author--
like I am 'pooh-pooh'ing all their hard work.
Then I get over it at 1am and write this blog.


Kat's Banned Book List:
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    by Stieg Larsson
    • Why it and it's successors are banned: I don't think it translated into English well. Each page dragged on and on. I was interested in the characters but it took pages to learn a micro-fact about them. I tried and tried to get through this book. I didn't finish.

    • hush, hush
      by Becca Fitzpatrick
      • Why it and it's successors are banned: I muscled my way through this book. Although, I was intrigued by a few characters, the book was so slow. So slow. I didn't feel enthralled until Chapter 23. I mean, I shouldn't even remember the chapter. Also it did not help that I wanted to punch the main character's best friend each time she turned up on a page. Not good.

     So, as of now, this list only has 2 series on it.
    That is pretty darn good.
    But that isn't to say that it won't be added to someday.
    For the sake of the author-world,
    I hope it isn't anytime soon.


    Chipotle burritos this year: 7
    Boba smoothies this year: 9

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
    Dude, I totally love you back!