Short and Sweet Overview: Watch 365 films in the year 2012.
Confused? READ THIS.
Confused? READ THIS.
***Every Saturday I am going to recap 7 movies I've watched that week!
Below you'll see a list with the film, the year, the director
&& maybe a quick blip of my feelings toward movie!
Sound fun!? I think so! Feel free to join in!
&& let me know in the comments if you do!
So here we go!
Sunday, January 22 - Saturday, January 28th:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :: 2011 :: David Fincher
- I am wickedly loyal to the original Swedish movies so I went to see the "American" version for Daniel Craig lusting opportunities. It worked; I did lust after Craig's Mikael Blomkvist quite a lot. Also, I did like Roony Mara because Lisbeth Salander is one of those roles--a phenomenally complex character; you can't cast someone who can't act to play Salander, the role is too important.
Overall, it was good but I still rate the Swedish film higher.
FUN FACT: The director (Fincher) is from Colorado. Holla!
- WALL E :: 2008 :: Andrew Stanton
- I love everything about this movie.
- Wet Hot American Summer :: 2001 :: David Wain
- So funny. I love comedies like this!
- Tangled Ever After :: 2012 :: Nathan Greno & Byron Howard
- I don't care that this is a 6min short film. It was the cutest 6mins of my week! I heart Maximus and Pascal!!!
- The Incredible Hulk :: 2008 :: Louis Leterrier
- My next movie in Ryan's "you must watch all of the Avengers before Avengers" request. I also lawl'd at Lou Ferrigno's cameo!
- The Prince & Me :: 2005 :: Martha Coolidge
- Please excuse me as I swoon over Luke Mably over and over.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :: 2009 ::
Niels Arden Oplev
- Män Som Hatar Kvinnor
- After seeing the new version, I had to jump on Netflix and re-watch this one; I just love listening to svenska so much! Michael Nyqvist still captures Mikael Blomkvist in a way that makes me oddly attracted to him and Noomi Rapace is obviously still a complete bad ass!
Plus, I just love the way the story is told. This verison is just less likely to spell out every single detail (unlike the 2011 version) and asks the audience to puzzle out the mystery with Mikael and Lisbeth.
PS. I forgot to post this yesterday & didn't realize until just now...
That's what I get for forgetting to schedule my post!
Next weeks shall be on time! ;)
Past 7FS Posts: