30 January 2012

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who isn't sold on this?

*takes deep breath*
I just can't. I have tried so hard to stay neutral until the movie...
&& I might eat my words come March because I want so desperately
to have my mind changed over these outfits but for realsthey look like
a blend between Queen Amidala reject outfits and X-men jumpsuits...


A few redesigns later and you've got the Tributes from District 12...
Although I would totally rock Effie's outfit to a costume party, no lie!
 

I guess I just pictured Cinna and his team designing them something more sleek...
Sure it would be mind-blowing but an equal balance between understated and fantastical.

"I am in a simple black unitard that covers me from ankle to neck.
Shiny leather boots lace up to my knees. But it's the fluttering cape
made of streams of orange, yellow, and red and the matching head-
piece that define this costume. Cinna plans to light them on fire just
before our chariot rolls into the streets.
[...]
My face is relatively clear of makeup, just a bit of highlighting
here and there. My hair has been brushed out and then braided
down my back in my usual style. " - page 67

I know that the movie adaptation will ultimately be different.
 But I stare at the picture above and think of an interview Hugh Jackman
did for X-men press; he said that the faux-leather suits were absolutely
awkward and impractical. Then I sit here and think of the weird rubbing
and squeaking noises that the suits Jennifer and Josh probably make while
walking around on set and I just can't--
 
*le sigh* I guess I am just sad and wish that I was as talented as
the folks on deviantART and could draw you my own idea..
 
So until I wake up one morning with the gift of illustration,
I will just have to leave you with a few I found...
via
I like everything here but the crown things...
  
via
I feel that this drawing gives off the idea of a layered costume which I liked.

via
I included this one because I think the firey headpiece
would have given the illusion of burning coals within the hair
and flickering fire would trail behind them...

IDK.
I am just a picky fangirl is all! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's not at all what I pictured either - I just pictured something like a simple black tee and black pants, all very very simple and sleek. But it is the future and it is the Capitol and I guess their idea of simple is different. And I'm holding back my judgement until I've seen it with the fire as well!
    But Effie's outfit is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO COMMENT!?
Dude, I totally love you back!